Hexiwear Wearable IoT Development Kit
Imagine an IoT development kit that can fit in your palm. The kind of IoT kit that is small, sleek consumes little power and is packed with sensors to quantify oneself and the world around it. Well, imagine no more. The Hexiwear is that IoT development kit offers you that and more. It pairs with smartphones and streams sensor data to a cloud. It can be used to create prototypes like a smartwatch, remote sensor tags or even smartphone controllers.
The Hexiwear is a product of MikroElektronika. Electronika collaborated with NXP to power the Hexiwear. The Hexiwear is powered by the NXXP Kinetic K64 32-bit ARM Cortex-M4 MCU. The MCU provides connectivity and a wealth of onboard NXP sensors.
- NXP Kinetis K64x MCU
- NXP Kinetis KW4xx BLE
- NXP FXXOS8700CQ (3D Accelerometer and 3D Magnetometer)
- NXP FXAS21002 (3-Axis Digital Gyroscope)
- NXP MPL3115A2R1 (Absolute Digital Pressure Sensor)
- NXP MC34671 (600 mA Single-cell Li-Ion/ Li-Polymer Battery Charger)
- 1”Full-color OLED display
- Haptic feedback engine
- 190 mAh 2C Li-Po battery
- Light-to-digital converter
- Digital humidity and temperature sensor and Heart-rate sensor.
- Capacitive touch interface
- RGB LED
The Hexiwear core functionality can be intensified using hundreds of sensors and transceivers through click boards.
iOS and Android Apps for Hexiwear are readily available for download from their respective stores.
Hexiwear comes with several preloaded applications that allow you to use it out of the box. However, it will become your own only after you integrate new firmware. Let loose your creativity and discover Hexiwears full potential!