Pycom WiPy MicroPython WiFi/Bluetooth Development Board
The WiPy 2.0 is a MicroPython enabled WiFi and Bluetooth development board designed specifically for IoT applications. At its heart is the Espressif ESP32 System on Chip (SoC) featuring a dual core microcontroller, WiFi, Bluetooth and 512 KB RAM. All this power packed into a board measuring just 42 x 20 x 3.5 mm!
Its ease of use sets the WiPy apart. Your knowledge of working with Python on a PC or Mac transfers directly to working with MicroPython and WiPy so the learning curve is minimal. Pycom have developed an intuitive API to help you get the most out of your board.
- Integrated SoC with powerful CPU, Bluetooth (Classic and BLE) and WiFi
- Up to 1 km WiFi range
- Compatible with standard breadboards using headers (RS
). Pycom offer an expansion board (RS
) featuring a micro-USB connector, button, LED and battery connector.
- Ultra-low power usage
- Network processor handles WiFi connectivity and IPv6 stack leaving the main processor free to run the user application
- ULP-coprocessor monitors GPIOs, ADC channels and controls most of the internal peripherals during deep-sleep mode while only consuming 25 uA
- Size: 42 x 20 x 3.5 mm (excluding headers)
- Operating temperature: -40°C to 85°C
- 3V3 ultra low noise switching regulator
- Power – 3.3 V to 5.5 V
- ESP32 dual-core microcontroller and WiFi / Bluetooth 4.2 radio
- Reset switch
- RGB heart beat LED
- 32 Mbit flash memory
- RF switch
- SMD antenna and U.FL connector
- 2 x UART, 2 x SPI, I2C, I2S, micro-SD card
- Analogue channels: 8 x 12-bit ADCs
- Timers: 4 x 16 bit with PWM and input capture
- DMA on all peripherals
- GPIO: Up to 24
Alternative Pycom Boards
There are two further boards in the Pycom range, adding in additional wireless communication options:
Pycom LoPy - Adds LoRa connectivity (RS...