Work gloves are protective fabric hand coverings designed to protect hands and wrists from injury while working in multiple industrial and commercial construction, electrical, and maintenance applications. These protective gloves minimise minor hand injury risks and provide robust convenience and comfort while working in different settings. Work gloves are available for specific applications and distinct breathable and non-breathable materials. For instance, gloves are made up of PVC, nitrile, chainmail, and leather, whereas the latter are highly durable for their thick and safety features with extended service life.
Furthermore, they are explicitly designed for preferred applications with sheaths or openings for each thumb and finger. Additionally, they come in various types with heavy-duty gloves suitable for industrial as well as field applications. Enrgtech stocks a supreme collection of special gloves, including work gloves with different colours and materials from leading manufacturers.
What Are Heavy-Duty Gloves Called?
Heavy-duty gloves or safety gloves are ideal for heavy-duty or hazardous areas used to protect the wrists or hands of users from hazardous chemicals, materials, and pathogens and are durable enough to resist bespoke hazards. They are also sometimes referred to as heavy-duty industrial gloves, ideal for manual and industrial heavy-duty applications.
Why Use Work Gloves?
Work gloves are protective garments with waterproof and weatherproof features allowing hygienic handling of hands, fingers, thumbs, and wrists by preventing multiple external forces, chemicals, elements, and hazards in a great range of workplaces.
Types of Gloves:
There is a plethora of glove types available in the market for specific applications that suit particular or general-purpose functions, such as:
- Work Gloves
- General Handling Gloves
- Welding Gloves
- Gripper Gloves
- Barbed Wire Handlers’ gloves
- Disposable Gloves
- Safety Gloves/Protective Gloves
- Temperature Protective Gloves
- Aircrew gloves: fire withstands
- Anti-vibration gloves
- Chainmail gloves (For butchers, woodcutters, and police)
- Chainsaw Safety Gloves
- Cotton Knitted Gloves (For Automotive Workshops, Building Maintenance, And Logistic Material Movement)
- Cut-Resistant Gloves
- Fireman's Gauntlets
- Food Service Gloves
- Gardening Gloves
Typical Work Glove Applications:
Work gloves effectively safeguard users’ hands from injury and other environmental impacts in construction or general-purpose applications. Depending on the material and glove type, they offer various applications in different settings, such as:
- Protect against sharp tools used by carpenters, warehouse workers, and chefs.
- Plumbing applications.
- Mechanical gloves for extreme dexterity, maintenance, and safety applications.
- Waterproof gloves for warehousing, utility settings, and construction applications.
- Ideal for electricians, welders, and DIYers for extra protection.
- For sports, baseball gloves are made of leather for fielding applications.
- Leather gloves for cycling, sports, and other manual and industrial applications.