Key kits are sets containing a variety of keys, such as feather keys and woodruff keys, which are included in different sizes and help fasten important parts of machines or industrial equipment. Keys are machine elements that connect the rotating part of a device to the shaft while preventing relative rotation between parts and can allow torque transmission. For keys to work, the part they connect to must have a slot and a pocket, respectively. Overall, the system is referred to as a key joint.
Features of the product:
- The keys in these kits are high quality, shear resistant, and have a heavy-duty steel design.
- They are reliable and offer high performance.
- The wrench set includes 13 different sizes ranging from 3mm (W) x 3mm (D) x 12mm (L) to 10mm (W) x 8mm (D) x 40mm (L). Each size is available in multiples of 20, 15, 10 or 5.
- A plastic case with nine compartments ensures easy storage and convenience.
- They are available in different metric sizes.
- They come in small and large sizes with a range of multi-compartment tote bags.
- They are RoHS compliant (Restriction of Hazardous Substances).
We offer the two main keys found in these kits, i.e., feather keys and woodruff keys.
A woodruff key, also known as a crescent key, is semicircular and fits into a circular keyway. They are inserted into a wedge seat created by a woodruff wedge cutter or an arbor cutter. The shaft is then squeezed using a gear or other component with a woodruff keyway until the woodruff key contacts its keyway.
They are often used in machine tools and prevent gears, hubs, for example, between the flywheel and crankshaft of a small internal combustion engine, where the drive is largely dependent on the fit between the shaft and the conically fissured flywheel hub, or other components from being independent of a rotating shaft or spindle move.
Feather keys are square with a rounded end and transfer torque to the moving component. These keys transmit torque from a shaft to a driven component. The design is like parallel keys, except these splines have rounded ends. The mating keyway in the shaft is machined with an end mill to match the radius of the key design. Upon installation, the keys are contained within the machined pocket and cannot move axially, preventing them from falling out or damaging your machine.
- Gears, pulleys, couplings, and washers are devices that utilize keyed joints.
- Woodruff keys are used in machine tools.
- Furthermore, these keys are mostly used to facilitate movement between components.
There are many kits to choose from, so read all the instructions and choose the right one for your needs. We offer the best products from the most trusted brands on the market with smooth and timely delivery. We also bring you the remarkably designed key kits to help you complete many tasks and achieve required performance quickly and efficiently.